Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Step #3 of Reducing Our Carbon Footprint

3. MAKE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION WORK FOR YOU - If more people use public transportation, the increase in demand will bring even better service.

Catherine and I use Seattle's Metro quite a bit. It's really convienent and there is a bus route a block away from our house. The 15 and 18 routes get me exactly where I need to go anywhere in Seattle. We rarely drive anywhere that we can take the bus too.

RANDOM OUR-CARBON-FOOTPRINT UPDATE

I tried to remove our name from 2 direct mail pieces today and it wasn't as easy as it should have been. I started with a free checking mailer at Sterling Saving Bank. The customer service rep didn't know how to take off my name. I was placed on hold for 5 minutes before I was informed that I was going to have to be called back. I got a call back and the CSR offered to transfer me to the number that would take my name off their mailing list. He said, 'Let me transfer me' and the line was dropped.

I called Commonwealth Finance too. Their local number asked me to leave a message. Weak...

If you're going to send out a direct mail piece, realize the consequences and what can happen if the reciepients don't want your message. If someone wants to reduce their carbon footprint and get off your list, make it easy to do so.